This topic was merged into another on Tue, 18 Dec 2018 17:13:21 +0000 Click here to see the authoritative topic.
Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Pixoto's ranking system 2018 and after that

For some reason Jasenka has merged two topics regarding Pixoto's ranking system which one of was mine and I don't approve of it. I want clear answers about the ranking system regarding 2018 and after that. This Best Photographers of the Year / Badge / Accolade mess is too much to understand regarding 2017 and that's why I wanted to separate these issues. I was confused about the thread "How are Badges rank/order determined?" and also some of Scott's answers concerning the matter. Among other things he wrote "Badges are assigned based on total points for a category EXCLUDING points won for annual awards. Annual awards are too high of a point value and would skew the total points won in a particular category." What is this? Annual awards have been included in the total points for many years now. Because the topic was marked ”Answered” at this point I started a new one. I want to know and understand how the Best photographers of the Year for this year (2018) and forward will be determined (rank or order / badges / accolades). Early on in Pixoto’s history the best of the year accolades were determined by the average of user's top 10 images in a category. This was criticized and debated many times for not giving an accurate result of the whole. Members who submitted a lot of great images but didn’t make it into the top 10 felt left outside. Since 2014 the rank has been determined, as far as I know, as a total of the points of Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly Awards. According to my opinion this has been a fair way to get it done. What has been submitted and earned points from, no matter in which month although it would be December is as valid as the points earned in the beginning of the year. The rank/order, badges and the accolades should though be issued the following year preferably latest in February because otherwise the score doesn’t validly show the order correctly. This happens because the best images are dueling more or less as long as they are on the site. And there are always new images submitted that change the ”old rank” in the process of determining ”All time best images”. So, how will all of this be done from now forward?
2 people have
this question
+1
This topic is not open for comments or replies.